Joy!!!

Joy!!!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas is coming!!

It's the 3rd day of December, we have two Christmas parties at my house next week..one Sunday night and one Tuesday night... and my tree is NOT up and my house is NOT decorated. I guess I keep thinking the decorating elf is going to come get it all done for me. I will be off tomorrow afternoon and do not work on Fridays, so hopefully I will get it all done then.

We had a great time at Sydney's for Thanksgiving and then a wonderful long weekend in Destin. There is just no more relaxing place in the world to me than on "that" beach. I enjoy any beach anytime I can get to one, but the beach in Destin and the house in Destin are like going home to me. I did not have lots of beach time, but the time I had was great! I did have LOTS of shopping time and spent way too much money!

I love Christmas! I love the real meaning of Christmas, that God loves us so much that he sent His son in human flesh, to live and to die and pay the debt for my sins...way beyond my comprehension, but I believe it! I love having my family all together at Christmas... I love shopping for them and seeing their eyes when they open their gifts. I love riding around and seeing Christmas lights and trees in people's houses. I love putting ornaments on the tree and remembering where each one came from and what occasion it marked. I love being with friends and keeping traditions that we have established. I love getting Christmas cards and letters. I love having people over to my house. I love memories of Christmas's past when I was a child and when my girls were little. I love pictures and old home movies that show those Christmas's. Christmas brings me much joy and I am very thankful!

I know that there are many people who have a hard time at Christmas. They may have lost loved ones in the past year, or maybe at this time of year. They may have financial problems and not be able to buy for their family like they want to. There are many other problems that cause grief and stress especially at Christmas. We need to remember to pray for people we know who fit in any of these categories. We also need to do whatever we can to encourage them and lift them up.


I hope that you are all having a wonderful Christmas season and are getting ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus with your friends and family! Try not to let the stress of decorating, shopping, wrapping, cooking etc. spoil the season... remember we are the only one in charge of our attitude!! Let's all have the attitude of gratitude!!

No comments: