Joy!!!

Joy!!!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Long time - no blog!!

Wow, I have been a terrible blogger this year!! Just posted a post a started in June and never finished.  Oh well...such is life.  We have had a wonderful summer with several great trips to the beach!!  Bill and I went to the MS Bankers Assoc. annual convention in May.  We went early and enjoyed several days of relaxation before the convention started.  It was in Destin so relaxing was easy to do!  Then in June, Bill and I and Kenny and Tamy along with all of our kids and grandchildren spent 5 days at Orange Beach in my sister and brother-in-law's condo's.  It was fantastic!!!  Got some great pics on the beach.  Let's see, in July my sister and I met about 10 of our cousins for our annual Cousins Gone Wild trip, although we are so old now there is really nothing wild about it!  We enjoyed being together but a phone call on Saturday night changed everything.  We were all at dinner and our cousin Donna got a call from her son telling her that her daddy, my sweet Uncle Loody, was unresponsive and the paramedics were there.  Uncle Loody was my daddy's baby brother and like my daddy, was one of the most wonderful men I have ever known.  Uncle Loody had suffered a major heart attack and died a few days later.  We celebrated his life that Saturday and rejoiced that we know where he is and that he is reunited with his brothers and his parents and other loved ones!!
Then just last week we had a wonderful week in Destin with our dear friends... the water was absolutely gorgeous and we had perfect weather!  It was very relaxing and we were very thankful for it!  My girls, and all the kids except Skyler(dove hunting) and I were going down for a last "hurrah" at the beach tomorrow but the tropical system has put a stop to those plans :(
 We are so very blessed to be able to go to the beach and enjoy God's creation, be with our family and friends, and relax so often!! Looking forward to my "girls trip" with dear long time friends in October!

Bill is still doing good, praise the Lord!! He had scans in July and is still in remission - no signs of cancer!!  We are SO very thankful!  He begins his second round of maintenance chemo on Sept. 19th.  Please keep him in your prayers... he has been under a good deal of stress at the bank and doesnt feel like he is in the shape he needs to be in to start the chemo.  It wiped him out in March and he was in better shape then.  We SO appreciate your prayers!! 

Tomorrow it will be 2 years since my sweet, wonderful daddy went to heaven.  Oh how I miss him!!!  I still miss hearing his voice on the other end of the phone, I miss going to his house and climbing in his lap when I just needed him to hold me, I miss seeing him enjoying his great grandchildren - how his face would light up when he saw them, I miss being able to ask him things that I want to know about my childhood or his childhood.....I just miss him!!! Mama is still just lying in the bed in the nursing home, mostly in a fetal position, with no communication....I miss her too!!  So many times things happen and my first thought is, "oh, I need to call mama."  As I have said many, many times before... Alzheimers is a horrible disease. 

As I think of these things, Bills cancer, missing daddy, mama's condition....I am still so very grateful for all the amazing blessings in my life!! Blessings beyond measure... a relationship with Jesus - a happy marriage after 37 years - children and grandchildren who "walk in the truth" and are healthy and happy - God's provision and protection -family and friends that love us and pray for us and so many more!!!  It is impossible to understand the hurt and pain in life... but...it is possible to know and feel God's presence through it all...you just have to trust Him!!  Knowing that He is truly in control and that if we have trusted Jesus that we win in the end... makes it all worth going through!!






No comments: