Joy!!!

Joy!!!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

About time for a new post!



Guess it's time for a new post. I have not done very well with my blogging lately, not promising I will do much better, but I will try. My last post was the first of July, so I will just catch you all up on what has been happening since then.  Sarah and Jeremy got moved to Simpson County and are doing great.  Sarah got the job teaching at Simpson Academy High School and starts tomorrow!  She will be teaching Chemistry 1 and 2 and A &P.  Please pray for her.. she is excited but also nervous.  Will will go to Mendenhall Kindergarten so he will ride with Jeremy every day, Macy will go with Sarah to the preschool at SCA, and Wesley will be staying home with his sweet new babysitter, Angie and her 3 year old son!!  Here again.. God has provided!!
 We spent July 2 - 6 at Orange Beach with all the kids, except for Tony. Had a great time and took some good picts.. will post some here.  We are so blessed to have access to a condo on the beach there and also a house in Destin! 
 Our BIG new of the month we got on July 13 - I am sure most of you have already heard..but BILL'S CANCER IS IN REMISSION!!!  We are so very thankful and we are giving God all the glory!!  Bill has two more rounds of chemo, 3 days next week and then 3 days the second week of September.  He will then have to have 6 weeks of radiation, 5 days a week....not looking forward to that.  Once that is done he will have maintenance chemo 4 days a month, every 6 months for 2 years and then we hope and pray this will all be behind us forever!!!!  We cannot begin to say how very much we appreciate all of your prayers, love and support. The peace God has given us is amazing and we know it's because of our family and friends praying. Tomorrow is our 36th wedding anniversary and we thank God that we can celebrate knowing that there is NO cancer in Bill's body now! 
 The last two weeks of July were spent with me directing a wedding, giving a wedding shower and taking a short trip back to the beach with my cousins and sister for our girls trip! And now.. here it is August!  And my goodness it is HOT!!! It scares me to death for kids to be practicing football in this heat.  Our heat index today was 115!!  Why would anybody want to put pads on kids and have them out in that heat?  I don't get it.. they could skip a practice or two!  The school year really needs to be moved back to start the day after Labor Day!!!
  Didn't finsh this post last night.... Just returned from a lovely dinner with my sweet husband, sister and brother in law celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary!!!  So hard to believe it's been that long.  The years really have flown by.  I am so very thankful that my life has been spent with the two most wonderful men I have ever known...I was blessed to be one's daughter and am blessed to be the other ones wife.  Bill and I married when I was 19 was I went straight from my daddy's arms into his.  Through all the ups and downs and joys and sorrows of life.. it has been and continues to be such a privilege to be his wife!!  Praying and asking God for many more healthy years together!!

Here are a few pics from the beach!!


No comments: