Joy!!!

Joy!!!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Stuff!

So, I am SO tired of cold, dreary weather! We were in Tupelo over the weekend and Saturday was actually a beautiful day with the sun shining. Bill, Jeremy and Will went down to Starkville to a baseball game and came back with tanned faces! I guess God gives us a glipse of Spring every once in a while during January and February to remind that winter WILL soon be over. Back to reality though, the forecast is saying we may have MORE snow tomorrow night. I just do not function well in cold weather. I just want to stay inside in my warm bed or by my warm fire and do absolutely nothing!  We did enjoy playing in the snow Friday before last once we got to Mendenhall and had Skyler and Mylie to enjoy it with!  It's lots more fun when there are children around.  We had a good visit with Syd and her family that weekend... watched Skyler play basketball, went out to eat some great catfish and just enjoyed being with them. 

Back to being in Tupelo over the weekend... we had a great visit with Sarah, Jeremy and those other 3 precious grandbabies. They are growing up so fast! I got some cute pictures that I will post. Most of them are of Macy and Wesley since Will was at MS State Saturday afternoon. Sarah and I took Macy and Wesley to the Tupelo mall where they have a wonderful playground for kids. There is so much to do in Tupelo and such good shopping.. but gosh I miss them and wish there lived closer to home.

Before we went to Tupelo on Friday we spend Thursday night at Sunny and Bud's. Baby Silas' arrival is probably less than two weeks away!! We worked on finishing touches in his room and I washed and dryed about 5 loads of "baby things." We are so excited and so grateful to God for adding another precious baby to our family. Sunny and Bud are nervous, as I think all first time parents are. Please pray for a safe, normal delivery and a healthy baby!  I cannot believe that this will be grandchild number SIX for Bill and I!  We are so blessed to be here and be fairly young(as grandparents go) and  healthy and able to enjoy them so very much! Our cup runneth over.. thank you Lord! 

Okay....time for bed... I imagine my next post will be just before or just after Silas' birth.. so y'all be watching!!

2 comments:

The Mayer Family said...

Yay for Baby Silas coming soon!! Praying for him, Sunny and your whole family during this special time. What a blessing! :)

Jessica said...

I'm loving the blog! It looks so good! The kids are SOOOOO cute Mrs. Martha!!!!